Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My Christmas Dining Room 2012

For some strange reason I gravitate to using a lot of brown in my dining room at Christmas time.
I like it, but I've never really loved it.
In November I ordered a brown striped runner for my Christmase table and I like it, but then I realized
 "I'm doing it again".
So I tried to pull a lot of white into the room to give it more of the cottage look that I love.



I decided to take everything off the buffet while I took photos of the tablescape.
I found the stuff on the buffet was too distracting.
Then when I was editing the photos it turns out that the lamps I placed on the floor
 show up in almost single every photo!
But I'm sick today, so you understand why I didn't want to retake all the pictures.
I figured it would give you a laugh.
 



My dishes and chargers I've had for many years and they were both from Walmart.
Pretty fancy, eh. ;)



These cute trees are from Target. I wish they had left the burlap pots plain.
Maybe I'll re pot them next year.
I've had these two metal bird lanterns for awhile and I've never found a spot for them in my house.
They were brown and I just painted them white.



I got the deer from TJ Maxx after Christmas last year.
He stands in front of an old wood box I filled with grapevine balls and evergreen.
The balls used to be gold, but one year I used them outside when decorating for Christmas and they were really dingy looking afterwards.
So they got a fresh coat of white paint and I think they look a little bit like snowballs.



The runner is more dish towel by the yard from Quilters Studio.
(I used a red striped one in my breakfast room)
I painted some paper mache pears white, they are from Michael's dollar section.
 



I'm in the process of refinishing my buffet so I kept it really simple.
The top is sanded down and almost ready to be stained.
The bottom will be painted white.
 I can't wait for it to be finished, but I know it's going to take me awhile.



Here's the buffet and dining table together.
I have two more areas I want to decorate for Christmas, but I'm running out of steam, so we'll see.
 
Linking up to:

You have read this article with the title My Christmas Dining Room 2012. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-christmas-dining-room-2012.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Comments "My Christmas Dining Room 2012"

Post a Comment