Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

PB inspired LOVE pillow

I've had this plain tan pillow cover from Target for a couple of years now.
I've always wanted to try one of the cool transfer methods I see in blogland on it.
Should I stencil it, use wax paper transfer, Citra-Solv, transfer paper?
There were so many ideas that I was overwhelmed and did nothing with it.



Then I saw this Pottery Barn pillow on Pinterest and I thought it was so cute!
I decided to try to make my own version of this pillow.
 
 

Clearly I should have spaced the letters closer together...oh well.
I still think it's cute and Valentine's is such a short holiday so it will only be around
for a couple of weeks.



I mixed some pink paint with some fabric painting medium from Michael's craft store.



I folded my pillow in fourths and using chalk I drew the outline for each letter on the pillow.
I then painted the outline.
Once that was done I figured out what design I wanted to paint on the inside of each letter.
As you can see I didn't try to make my letters an exact copy of the PB design.
Their pillow just inspired the design of mine.



You know I love changing around the vignettes in my living room!
Here's the latest. ;)


Back to the pillow...
After the paint dried,  I just dabbed off any chalk that was still showing with a damp paper towel.
I then ironed the pillow to set the paint.
 
I'll putting together a "pretty in pink" Valentine's room for you soon!


Linking up to:
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Treasure Hunt Thursday@ From My Front Porch To Yours
Tutorials, Tips & Tidbits @ Stone Gable




You have read this article with the title PB inspired LOVE pillow. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/01/pb-inspired-love-pillow.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Comments "PB inspired LOVE pillow"

Post a Comment