Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Reproduction Vintage Locker Baskets-tutorial

While Blogger is (I hope, I hope, I hope!) getting things fixed so I can post pictures
again the easy way,
I thought I would bring back an oldie but goodie.
My make your own vintage style locker basket tutorial from 2011.
I have added a few updates to the post.
I know a lot of people are organizing their homes right now and these are super cute storage!
The new locker baskets are larger than the vintage ones too, which is nice.
 
 
I adore the look of vintage locker baskets.
But I have never seen them in Las Vegas.
 I've looked at buying them online, but when you add shipping costs it gets pricey.
Since this post I moved to Illinois and then Texas where we currently live!


So I was pretty excited when I found these at Homegoods.
The colors were all wrong though (unless you wanted them for Christmas decor :).
Time to get out my paints!
I have also found these at Stien Mart, TJ Maxx, Marshall's etc
They are usually $10-12 dollars a piece.


How do you like me now?


First I sprayed them with Krylon gray primer.
Next I watered down some acrylic paint, Folk Art brand, color Dove Gray.
I brushed it on and then wiped some off with a dry paper towel.
Finally I brushed on some Minwax stain in Dark Walnut, then quickly wiped it off with a damp paper towel.
(Let each application dry before adding the next.)
The stain can take a day or two to cure and may feel sticky while it is drying.


I think they look like the real thing!


So many possibilities for storage.


I'd like to make liners for them eventually.
I put a napkin inside to see how it would look and I love it!


This is not very glamorous, but I'm planning on using mine for holding potato chips on top of my fridge.
 
Actually I never did end up using them for potato chip storage. :)
 I have used them in my pantry as well as other areas in my home. 
 I really should make some more!

 
You have read this article with the title Reproduction Vintage Locker Baskets-tutorial. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/01/reproduction-vintage-locker-baskets.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, January 10, 2013

Comments "Reproduction Vintage Locker Baskets-tutorial"

Post a Comment