Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Winter Mantel

My winter mantel for 2012 2013!
I was too lazy to style the whole firepace so you'll just be seeing the mantel today.
 
 
Here is how my mantel looked when I first started working on it.
I decided the mirror was just way to small.
 
 
 
So I borrowed a mirror from my dining room.
At first I thought it was too big, but after living with it for a week I think it's fine.
Then I saw a quote on Pinterest saying that there should be 7" from your mantel to your mirror.
Oh well....
 
 
 
I found this cement urn at Marshall's last weekend for only $7.99. Such a steal!
I really love it! It reminds me of the pretty finials Pottery Barn sells.
The basket I've had for ages. I filled it with artichokes I found at the thrift store for 25 cents a piece!!
I added a few magnolia leaves from my back yard.
 
 
 
The other side of my mantel has my demi john I found on Ebay.
Along with an urn from Pottery Barn filled with lavender I found at a different thrift store for only $2.00. So if you're looking for cheap faux plants don't forget to check your local thrift store. :)
 
 
 
The mirror is from Kirkland Home. I really like the white wash on the wood.
 
 
 
I think the mantel has a modern French Country look to it, but in nice soft colors.
I'm so looking forward to when the real lavender is in bloom!
 
Linking To:
Treasure Hunt Thursay @ From My Front Porch To Yours
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
 
 
 
You have read this article with the title Winter Mantel. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/01/winter-mantel.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, January 7, 2013

Comments "Winter Mantel"

Post a Comment