Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Our Day

Hey ya'll! Hope your week has been a good one. Oldest was sicko for all of Monday but then woke up on Tuesday just fine and dandy! I was sooo thankful! We did not do much this week outside of the home but I was able to start on a few projects around the house.
WARNING: Bad Phone Pics Ahead!

This is the Windsor bench in our dining room I purchased last year before we moved back to TX. It was unfinished and needed some spindle repair. Thought I fixed it but still a bit wobbly. Anybody know where I can buy a spindle? This is the 5th layer of paint on it. My goal is to make it look old farmhouse looking. I was actually able to complete it today due to current events that I will get to later. I will take a completed pic once it is dry and back in its spot.

The bench project led me to begin this project. I have been fiddling with paint colors for in the dinning room since October and finally took the plunge. I started it at 9:30 p.m. and completed it at 2:00 a.m. after placing everything back in its spot and on the wall. I have a thing about seeing things finished all the way. I would not have been able to sleep without seeing it all put together.
At 3:00 a.m. after I was able to take a much needed bath Littliest woke up hungry.

This is what we have been doing today. He was in NO WAY hungry. He decided it was his turn to have a barf fest! Strange how it happened almost exactly at the same time of morning for both of them. I thought we were over it since it had been three days but guess I was wrong. I was awake for over 24 hours straight until I was able to catch a nice 2 hour nap after dinner which is how I have energy for this here post.

Today has also been full of this which caused a slight panic attack on my part probably due to the lack of sleep. It has been raining non stop since well 3 a.m. thanx to hurricane Alex! This is as full as the culvert behind our house has ever been and I called The Hubster in tears. In reality it still has 10 feet more to go before we have any worries and the rain is tapering off. Still a scary thing to think about though!

One last note, I have had time to day dream this week about my sewing/craft room. I have been dreaming abt what color to paint my room and came across Heather Bailey's craft room. It is to die for and my room one day will be a pink too!! So when I saw this here desk on Craigs I fell in love and know it would be sooo perfect for my room. The gal listed it for $195 and I just for the heck of it offered her $100 and told her how I was wanting it for my sewing room which I have no budget for what so ever. She was super sweet and came back with $145. Told The Hubster and already knew the answer before he said it. The desk is a no go. So unless I can raise enough money over the weekend I must bid her farewell. Anybody need any baby bibs!?Ha! Just joking!;)

Again hope your week has been a good one and sorry for the really BAD pics but under the circumstances it was the best I could do. If I am unable to hop back on this weekend have a wonderful and SAFE 4th of July with family & friends!








You have read this articleprojects / update with the title Our Day. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2010/07/our-day.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, July 2, 2010

Comments "Our Day"

Post a Comment