Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Shabby Laundry Sign

I am very excited to tell you about this new sign I made for my laundry room. (I photographed it on my fireplace mantle because the light is better.)

This HERBS sign has been hanging above my washer and dryer (see how dark this photo is). I love the sign, but what do herbs have to with laundry?

So I decided to make a new sign, but I wanted it to look old. I primed and painted a board and then used my electric palm sander to roughen it up.

You may remember my pathetic attempt at stenciling. I knew I need some help with this sign!

I follow a wonderful blog called House Of Smiths. Shelly, has a vinyl lettering business called Wonderfully Wordy. I decided vinyl letters were exactly what I needed for my sign. I was able to customize the color, font, size etc. of my vinyl with Shelly all with a couple of emails.

The vinyl was super easy to apply and it looks so great! Way easier than stenciling!

My sign turned out just as I hoped it would!

I repeat (wink) if you are wanting to make your own custom sign, but painting free hand or stenciling intimidate you, vinyl lettering is the way to go!



Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
You have read this article with the title Shabby Laundry Sign. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2010/07/shabby-laundry-sign.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, July 5, 2010

Comments "Shabby Laundry Sign"

Post a Comment