Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Using Green in Fall Decor

The November issue of Country Living had an article on using the color green for Fall decorating.
The photos they had in there were just beautiful and I decided I wanted to give it a try with things in my own home.


I love all the varying shades of green you can find on the mini pumpkins and gourds.


The textures and colors are so pretty and it is a very calm look.


I just took a metal thrift store tray and layered on some crinkled brown paper, thyme and sage from my garden and then placed my gourds and pumpkins on top. Easy peasy and my favorite thing right now.



I've been showing you inspirational photos on my blog from Country Living and BHG and my favorite photos are always the ones with urns. So why wasn't I using any of the urns I have for Fall decorating?



I chose a favorite rusty urn, ringed the top with sage and placed a gourd on top.
So easy but I think it has a lot of presence.



I'm loving these warty gourds this year!


For this look I used some faux pumpkins that I bought on clearance from Target last year.
I really love anything that has texture and a natural look and these fit the bill.



I put a dishtowel in my wooden pedestal to fill it up a bit, added the pumpkins and then tucked sage in between the pumpkins where it was needed.


I pulled out another urn for this look.
This time putting a pumpkin on top.


I added little bits of thyme around the top. So sweet looking.
I think any of these ideas would look cute on your Thanksgiving table.


Finally how about a little bit of traditional orange!
Lately Target's dollar section has turned into the $2.50 section.
But it was still a good deal for this cute little vase trio.


I love little vases because there is always a little something blooming here in Las Vegas.
 With a mini vase I can have something pretty sitting by my kitchen sink whenever I like.



You have read this article with the title Using Green in Fall Decor. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2010/10/using-green-in-fall-decor.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Comments "Using Green in Fall Decor"

Post a Comment