Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Craft Closet questions answered

I got some questions on the part of my laundry room I'm calling my craft closet.
I'm going to try to answer them here and show you more detail on how I organized this area.

Very embarrassing "before" photo. Super messy and disorganized.

Step 1: Store large pots and urns on the top shelf.
Add baskets to hide away craft supplies. (crafts supplies are still a mess at this point.)

I found these cute little containers at Target. They are inside the baskets to help keep my supplies organized. To be honest I'm still working on getting this just the way I want it so I can find things easily.

I keep board games on the bottom shelves and a garbage can on the floor (not shown).
The games were not cute so I decided to make a skirt out of a coffee sack to cover them up.

I folded over the top of the sack so I could slip a spring rod inside.
 I covered up the seam with this brown ribbon.

I had to cut the sack so the printing was centered.
 I covered up the cut areas with this trim I found at Walmart.

There were some holes in my coffee sack :(

I covered them up with buttons.

I added this adorable ruffle to the bottom.
I purposely made the skirt a little short. I felt it would get too dusty if it brushed the floor.

Did you know you can get ruffle on a roll?
I bought mine in white and then dyed a piece in coffee before adding it to the burlap skirt.
I don't sew, so this whole skirt was put together with fabric glue and hot glue.

Next up: Adding cute tags to the baskets.

I was asked where the baskets came from. I got them from Costco a couple of years ago.

A couple of people wanted more details on how I made the tags.

Here's all my supplies.
Step 1: Rub distress ink all around the edges of the tags.
Both ink and tags are from the craft store.
Step 2: See the things that look like travel stickers? Well they aren't stickers, you use a popsicle stick to rub them onto paper. I purposely didn't line mine up and only rubbed half of an image on some of the tags. I think it has more interest that way. I got my rub-ons on clearance at Michael's craft store.
Step 3: Add the number stickers. These are not scrap book stickers. They are heavy duty vinyl stickers. I found them in Walmart with garage sale signs and address plaques.
Step 4: I used twine to tie the tags to the baskets.

I hope I've answered all your questions.
If not drop me a comment and I'll go back and edit the post to answer it. :)






You have read this article with the title Craft Closet questions answered. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2010/11/craft-closet-questions-answered.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, November 21, 2010

Comments "Craft Closet questions answered"

Post a Comment