Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Brown and Gold Christmas Tablescape

I have brown and gold chairs in my dining room (that I hope to recover someday) so it seemed fitting to take a break from all the white and silver in the rest of my house and go with a brown, gold, copper, & cream tablescape. Whew, that was a long sentence!


It all started with this pretty damask table runner. It's too short for the table and they didn't have two of them to sew together, but I decided to use it anyway. I'll put it somewhere else next year.


I already had these brown leaf candles that I adore and the only candle holders they fit on were these cream ones, so I guess we're adding cream to the color scheme! I hung these beautiful metal deer ornaments I bought from Dayspring last year from the candles.


I took this close up so you could read the verse at the top of the ornament.


My large metal deer candle holder takes center stage. If you've been following along with my Christmas decorating you may have noticed I have a thing for deer. :)  I just love them!


My son Grant gave me this beautiful gold pear for Christmas last year.
 I placed it in a small cream urn and put a little wreath around it.


I recently picked up these brown napkins on clearance at Target. Four napkins for, wait for it......$1.40!!!! Bargain city! The leaves on the napkins tie in nicely with the leaf candles.



I had so much trouble putting this tablescape together. I didn't want to spend any money and I just kept trying things, rejecting things, trying different things some more.


I love it now!
 If something of yours "isn't working" just keep playing with it. You'll get there.
The only money I ended up spending was on the little gold votive candles on the deer.


Linked up to: Tablescape Thursday@ Between Naps on the Porch


 
You have read this article with the title Brown and Gold Christmas Tablescape. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2010/12/brown-and-gold-christmas-tablescape.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Comments "Brown and Gold Christmas Tablescape"

Post a Comment