Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Thrift store pot makeover

I told you January was going to be the month of Gray and White on this blog!
So here is another gray project for these gray January days.

Although it's not actually gray here in Las Vegas right now.
It's sunny and about 60 degrees.
But I don't want to rub it in so I won't mention it. ;)


How do you like this very *ahem* bright and cheery pot I found at the thrift store?



The top and bottom of the pot had great texture, but the center was all smooth and shiny.
So I crumpled up some tissue paper and used Mod Podge.
Ta da! Instant texture.


Next I used Barn Gray acrylic paint.
Once that dried I added a white wash.


Finally some glaze and then I dry brushed charcoal gray paint all over the pot.


One more look at the before........
(couldn't get my photos to be side by side)



The after!
Dragonfly's are bye bye.


How about a little preview of Spring with some pink primroses and variegated ivy?
Please enjoy!









Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays

You have read this article with the title Thrift store pot makeover. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/01/thrift-store-pot-makeover.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Comments "Thrift store pot makeover"

Post a Comment