Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Lavender Spring Mantel

Spring is here and the lavender is blooming.
So why not bring some inside for a lovely lavender springtime mantel?


I wanted something tall on my mantel because I have very tall ceilings and it just doesn't look balanced if the arrangement consists of a bunch of small items.
 What is difficult though is my mantel is very narrow so a lot of things can't sit on it (w/o falling off!).
 I had this white crown pitcher that luckily was just the right size and I filled it up with branches from the back yard.


Then I used hot glue to affix these sweet little lavender colored butterfly's on the branches.
I printed them off from The Graphics Fairy.
How would I do any decorating without her?
I love these little butterflies on the branches so much! I had to stop myself from posting 300 photos of them.


I painted some faux eggs purple, then used an old toothbrush to splatter brown paint on.
I then used a toothpick to add a few larger spots.
 Finally I sprayed the whole egg with a clear coat to give it a light sheen.
I made a little "nest" of crinkly white paper and put in inside some little mercury glass votive candle holders. They were part of the after Christmas clearance at Target and were only about $1.00 a piece.


Finally I put some lavender in clay pots.
I had already painted the pots white at Christmas time and so I just decided to paint a purple band at the top for another pop of color.
The purples aren't photographing as well together as I would have liked.
But in person they look very soft and pretty together.


For Easter I usually decorate with pinks, greens and yellows.
It's fun to do something a little different this year.


March has brought wonderful sunny skies here in Las Vegas and we are enjoying every bit of it!


For those of you that still have snow on the ground...
Just a little while longer. Spring is on it's way!


ladies fair, I bring to you


lavender with spikes of blue


sweeter plant was never found


growing on our English ground

Caryl Battersby




















You have read this article with the title Lavender Spring Mantel. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/03/lavender-spring-mantel.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, March 18, 2011

Comments "Lavender Spring Mantel"

Post a Comment