Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

A little entry way make over

There is a little space right next to my front door that is only about 15" deep.
Years ago I found this little metal table that fits well in this spot. The table was gold and red (really ugly).
I painted the table and the oval mirror above it with a brown rusty finish.


Here's a close up of the finish.
The mirror has been damaged and I decided it was time for the table to under go a change.


I started out using a can and a half of primer to cover the dark finish.
I then spray painted the table white. I originally planned to rough it up a little with some sand paper
and be done with it.


But then I remembered how much I liked the glazing treatment I did on my French gray table and decided it would look really pretty on this table too.
I mixed smoke glaze with gray acrylic paint.When I brushed it on it looked like pond sludge.
 But when you wipe it off you have a really pretty smoky gray color.
 I still wanted a lot of the white to still show through so my foam brush was pretty dry.


Because of all the swirls on this piece there were spots where the glaze splotched on and was too dark
(it's difficult to do nice smooth brush strokes on a swirly piece).
So I dry brushed some white paint on some spots and in some areas I mixed my glaze and white paint together and brushed it on.


It's a piece I had fun playing with. I wanted a build up of different paint tones
so it would look like an old piece of furniture.
 Instead of a cheap piece of furniture from Ross; I wanted it to look like it was rescued from an old French Chateau.


This weekend I had a lovely good bye dinner with two of my dearest friends.
My friend Babette blessed me with this amazing lantern from Pottery Barn.
 She picked out the perfect thing for me!
My friend Gina was also there and blessed me with some very cute gifts that gently poked fun at Illinois
 (she is from there so she's allowed!).
We were laughing and tearing up and had such a great time!
 Let me tell ya, good byes stink!!
 But God brought us together as friends and I know we will see each other again.



Beside my amazing new lantern I placed a crown pitcher full of flowers from a tree in my backyard.


I hung my framed tote bag on the wall behind my pretties.


I love pottery that has crazing on it. Do you?


Such a fun little make over. I love painting furniture!
I won't get to enjoy it for too long though, the packers are arriving in about two weeks!
eek!
So much to do! So for now I bid you adieu. ;)


I'm joining the Spray Paint Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick!

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia





You have read this article with the title A little entry way make over. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/05/a-little-entry-way-make-over.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, May 16, 2011

Comments "A little entry way make over"

Post a Comment