Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Curtains Up!

This is the view I have now from my desk here in the kitchen where I do all this blogging madness. Before I take you in to see the new guest room curtains let me show you where this room started.

Here is the guest room before we moved in. At the time I saw plain and boring builder beige walls.

I then decided that I wanted to bring color into this room and do a whimsy cottage chic feel if that is even a style. Ha! I got the brilliant idea to paint the headboard The Hubster and I made red. I use the term brilliant loosely. The red headboard is STILL out in the garage. I strip a bit off of it everyday. Hoping by Thanksgiving it will be completed and back in the room just in time for our holiday guests!

Here is the guest room today with the antique shutters hung and the new curtains up! Yes, this is where you can state the obvious that indeed I painted the room back to it's almost original color. All I have to say is that it is fun watching  on our blogs how much our taste change and evolve over the years. 

I flipped thru some of my fave inspiration magazines trying to get an idea on what type of rod to use to hang the panels. Most of them showed a very simple ball ended rod. Easy enough and thankfully WM had one because I was not wanting to run to HobLob last night. I used just plain clips instead of sliding the curtain panels straight onto the rod. I wanted the little extra length that clips provide you.

I love how they puddle just a tad!

I had two pairs of curtains. One was the lace and the other were just plain white panels. I decided that I wanted to continue to have the room feel bright and airy so I went with the scalloped lace panels. They believe it or not were just $14.99 for the pair at Ikea!! They are called Alvine Spets if you are interested in getting a pair of your own. I highly recommend them!

I am very thankful that I was able to pull off the vision I had for the window. Sometimes ya just never know! Total cost to achieve this look was a tad less than $50. The most expensive thing was the rod at $14 and the two set of clips at $7 each. I paid less than $5 for the pair of antique shutters and the Ikea scallop lace panels were just $14.99. 

And a special thanx to my very helpful assistant today! Littliest helped to make sure everything was just right during the photo shoot!;)

Hope your weekend is going well! Thanx so much for taking the time out of your day to stop by and say Hi!

I am linking up to the following linky parties:
Sunday Showcase Party
Metamorphosis Monday
Amaze Me Monday
Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday


You have read this articleguest room / guest room curtains / Ikea curtains with the title Curtains Up!. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/10/curtains-up.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, October 9, 2011

Comments "Curtains Up!"

Post a Comment