Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Fall Front Door Stoop

It has taken me an entire month to get this fall front stoop together.
Good thing I like it!



It started with me buying these corn stalks from the farmers market waaay back in September.
One thing I love about Illinois is the abundance of cornstalks in the Fall.



Then I made this Fall wreath.
Really you could leave it up year round, but the rooster makes me think of farms.
And farms make me think of  pumpkin patches.
So there you go; rooster=fall. ;)



I had originally planned on painting my pumpkins white to go with the rest of my white fall look.
Large orange pumpkins are cheaper than white, hence the painting the pumpkins idea.
However, when I put the pumpkins on the front stoop, I liked the pops of orange.



I found this awesome chippy white chair last week.
It is shabby perfection!
My plan is to keep it on the front stoop year round and change out the decor with the seasons.



The large bee skep is from Junk Warehouse and I want to marry it because I love it so much!




I found these cool metal pumpkins at Hobby Lobby and painted them white.
Next year I may paint them some other color.
After all it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind......



The white bushel pots were marked down to $1.99 at Ikea.
The ornamental kale with the white centers are in terra cotta pots that I very sloppily spray painted white and when dry I sanded them down.



These next pictures are me playing with textures.
Hope you don't mind. :)











I may take a few more pictures for you when more of the mums open up,
 but I was impatient and couldn't wait any longer.
I am just loving fall in the Midwest.
It's incredibly beautiful here!






  







You have read this article with the title Fall Front Door Stoop. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-front-door-stoop.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, October 17, 2011

Comments "Fall Front Door Stoop"

Post a Comment