Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

New Life to Plain Bar Stools

I picked up these wood stools about a month ago. I wanted to get them all painted quickly but that did not happen. I ran out of my beloved chalk paint and thought I could getaway with not stripping the legs of the stools. BIG HUGE mistake!! I used my every day latex pant and well I was not surprised that after I finished painting the one the paint scratched right off. So learn from my lesson! You MUST strip or prime if you are not using chalk paint! These stools had a very shiny top coat and even though I sanded them down it was just not enough.

I ended up stripping all four stools and wouldn't ya know right after I was able to get more chalk paint in!  

I used Old White as the base coat and Paris Grey as the top coat. I then did the normal routine of clear wax and then dark wax to achieve the aged appearance.

I loved how they turned out but I wanted to add a little something special to the tops.

I decided to try my hand at a technique of transferring images with wax paper. I had seen many projects around blogland and just think they are fabulous. Let me warn you this is a trial an error project all the way! If you get perfection the first time out you are lucky and need to share your tips!;) 

I picked out some graphics from The Graphics Fairy. This one was just an ornate scrolly picture. I love that it did not come out terribly dark but more faint. 

The antique clock stool is my favorite! If somebody decides they are not into the images I can always sand the tops down easily and repaint um. Here is hoping somebody else loves um as much as I do though.
If you are in the Houston area and want more info on these stools head on over to Finch & Co. Designs.

Linking up to the following parties:
Show & Tell Friday
Furniture Feature Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Home Sweet Home Friday
Fridays Unfolded
Farmhouse Friday





You have read this articlebar stools with the title New Life to Plain Bar Stools. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-life-to-plain-bar-stools.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, October 13, 2011

Comments "New Life to Plain Bar Stools"

Post a Comment