Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Thank you Junking Fairy!

A few weeks back I had found this vintage sofa on the local site and fell head over heels. The Hubster thought I was nutso so I passed her up. She was $125 and needed a total make over.


Country Living
I still had visions of what that sofa could have become and how wonderful it would be to one day own such a dreamy piece of furniture!

Isn't this one just fabulous with all the pillows!

Look at the carvings on this one! Sigh...
Well many of you guessed right yesterday! I did indeed somehow managed to cram an 83 inch long frenchy sofa in the back of my Flex! She fit too all except for that one leg in the top right hand corner so I had to drive home with the lift gate open and the mosquitoes but that was a small price to pay.
I purchased "The Old Lady" from an older couple who was selling their winter home and heading back to Indiana. She was asking $125 and I offered her $85. I could not believe she took it!
She had purchased it off of Craigs List last year from a gal who just finished having it reupholstered but got married and was consolidating homes and thus no longer had room for it. "The Old Lady" as we refer to her as because The Hubster says it is an old ladies couch is in pristine condition and oh my soo heavy! 
Her fabric is lovely and neutral though I do have dreams of one day changing it out. 
Look at The Old Ladies curvy legs!!
Also check out the AMAZING euro pillow shams that I purchased from Sonya over at Beyond The Screen Door!! I can attest that she does fabulous work! I bought them for the guest room but decided I needed them on the couch for staging purposes and no worries, The Old Lady will soon make it into our master bedroom but for now I enjoy looking at her each time I pass by the foyer.

And speaking of frenchy goodness and trash to treasure fairy tales head over Never Enough Thyme and read about Kathy's Old Lady couch!

Hope your week is going well!
Linking up to the following linky parties:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tuesday Treasures

Wow Us Wednesday
White Wednesdays
Treasure Hunt Thursday

Open House Thursday
Potpouri Friday



You have read this articlefrench country / french sofa with the title Thank you Junking Fairy!. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/10/thank-you-junking-fairy.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Comments "Thank you Junking Fairy!"

Post a Comment