Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Christmas Tree 2011

Welcome! So glad you stopped by! I have FINALLY finished up all of the holiday decorating around here which is a huge relief! Today I am going to share our tree.

Let me tell ya this here tree has given me fits this year. We purchased it about a week ago and it took almost an hour and half for me to decide on it. There were so many trees that were already loosing a TON of needles. They looked okay on the outside but when ya looked in the middle they were bare. I thought I had found the perfect tree.
Well it is perfect but sadly enough even though they trimmed her bottom she refuses to drink!! I am highly disappointed. All of our trees have always continued drinking right up until a few days before Christmas. This one I am afraid will be a crispy critter by the time we even get to Christmas Eve!:(
After being frustrated over that I was getting irritated over the ribbon. I could not get it to look right and thus at midnight one night I took it all down. A few days later  I decided why not make it cascade down the tree instead. I guess it will do for this year but don't be surprised if it gets a make over once my Jute arrives in the mail!;) It still just does not feel quite right.
Our star is the start we have had since we were married. I hate that it will not stay straight but at the same time it has sentimental value. Maybe one day I will figure out how to get it to stay on the right way. Till then we enjoy its corkiness. I placed several different picks all around the top of the tree to frame out the star and then started the rows of ribbon from there. 

Here is our tree at night! Believe it or not she has 7 less strands of lights than usually! We use the standard white then I add in some twinkling white and then several strands of red, white, and green. I really wanted to put ALL of them on but they were getting too heavy for this tree and weighing down the branches.

So there ya have our Christmas Tree for 2011!
Hope your weekend is going well!
Don't forget about the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Giveaway happening now and my First Annual Holiday Mantel Party!

I am linking up to the following parties:
2805 
SNS
Thrifty Decor Chic


You have read this articlechristmas tree with the title Christmas Tree 2011. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-tree-2011.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, December 10, 2011

Comments "Christmas Tree 2011"

Post a Comment