Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Gingerbread Tree

Back in 2008 I saw a little gingerbread tree on the blog Joys Of Home.
It was so cute I just fell in love with it.
I've been wanting to do my own ever since and just never got to it before now.



But this year I found these adorable gingerbread men at Target and knew they'd perfect!
I think the kitchen is the right spot for a gingerbread tree, since that is where you'd normally cook them up! One year I bought a tub of gingerbread dough so I could whip up a few cookies whenever I wanted and having that stuff around was dangerous! (to my waistline :)



I put my whole kitchen vignette in this great vintage crate I just picked up while out shopping with my friend Heidi. She saw it first, but then she put it back down a and I just couldn't resist!
Heidi has a Christmas tour of her beautiful home on her blog right now.
 You have got to check it out!



For years now I've just loved the look of a Christmas tree in an old bucket.
I was so happy with how well my tree fit in this old bucket I had.
Check out the really cool crinkled crepe paper in the bucket, I'll talk about it in a moment.



In my old crate I also place this Santa.
I found him at the grocery store a few years ago.
His colors are bright and cheery, but I love that his clothing is that of an Old World Santa.
Old World Santa's are my favorite!
I also nestled in a bit of greenery and a gingham ribbon.


On the wall I hung this Christmas Subway art I found at TJ Maxx this year.
I snatched it up so fast when I saw it!


My sweet friend Heidi gave me a beautiful Christmas cone she made filled with all kinds of wonderful Christmas treasures. (I should have taken a picture, darn it!)
There was this sweet little angel that I placed on top of the tree, beautiful red and white plaid ribbon, those shiny flower things you can see in the photo. (I don't know what they are called)......
(ok, I found out they're light reflectors)


There were also vintage cookie cutters, which are just perfect on a kitchen Christmas tree and that crepe paper I placed in the bucket was also in my wonderful Christmas cone.
Thank you dear Heidi!!


As a wife and mother I am in the kitchen a lot...A LOT.
It is so nice to have this bit of Christmas cheer greeting me each day!

Favorite Vignette @ Savvy City Farmer










You have read this article with the title Gingerbread Tree. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/12/gingerbread-tree.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, December 9, 2011

Comments "Gingerbread Tree"

Post a Comment