Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Our Tree

I decided to do something a little different with our tree this year.
We used our same red and white ornaments from past years, but decided to add turquoise and aqua blue.
I didn't realize until after I posted these photos that I forgot to put the tree topper on the tree!
The star was crooked so I've been meaning to ask my very tall hubby to trim the top of the tree so the star would sit straight. Oh well......



The pops of blue are festive and fun and it didn't cost much because I just used cheap glitter ornaments.



Also new this year, putting our tree in a bucket.
I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now.
I found this big one at Lowe's and made sure the Christmas tree stand could fit inside.



Our tree is in the living room.
We don't use this room much so I don't have to worry about my little guy messing with the tree all day long.
When possible I like to place my tree in the window so I can see the lights from outside.


You'll notice some other bits of blue in the room as well.


I'll be talking to you about my paper whites in my next post.



Blue acorns in a cloche and blue Jelly Belly candy canes in a canning jar.





I have sparkly stars hanging in the entry way to the room.
I'll show you more of the stars in a later post as well.



I'm borrowing the union jack pillow from my oldest son's room.



I can't wait to start putting presents under the tree....
 but I don't trust my munchkins to not peek if I put them out too early!



Did you notice the big NOEL picture above the couch?
It started out as this horse picture from the thrift store.


I painted the frame white.
 Next, I painted the picture dark brown, then blue on top of that and then a little white.
 Finally I painted NOEL in white leaving bits of the undercoat showing.



I've joined these linky parties:




 








You have read this article with the title Our Tree. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/12/our-tree.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, December 12, 2011

Comments "Our Tree"

Post a Comment