Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Autumn in my entry way

Now that October is here it's time to bring on the pumpkins!
 
I thought I would add some pumpkins to the areas in my entry way to give them a festive Fall look.
 
 
 
Besides pumpkins I  also brought out this vintage bushel basket lid I got from Tattered Tiques when I was living in Illinois.
 
I really miss shopping there, and seeing the sweet ladies who work there, and especially shopping there with my dear friend Heidi.
 
~Sigh~
 
 
 
 
My demi john is always on this table it got to stay since it has such great Fall color and texture.

 

I placed a large vintage bushel basket underneath the table.

This really was used to hold apples so that really screams "fall" to me.
 
 


I wasn't quite happy with this table so I tried taking the topiary away and adding another pumpkin.
 
Still not quite happy so I changed it up even more which I'll show you in a minute.



After you enter my house there is a little hall with a staircase on one side and my dining room on the other side.
 
Luckily this furniture piece is fairly narrow so it fits perfectly here.



I never got a chance to show you what I bought from Shop the Shed last spring.
 
It was this gorgeous arch window covered with chippy cream paint.
 
It looks like it came off the top of a door.
 
It is a great piece and I love it on this cabinet because it is short enough that people won't knock it over when walking down the stairs.



The faux olive topiary is from Crate and Barrel, but I changed out the pot it came in.
 
I tried growing a real olive topiary last year with visions of the gorgeous olive topiary trees you see in
 
 so much Swedish decor, alas it didn't make it.
 


The little cement bird is also from Tattered Tiques.
 
It's hard to tell in the photo, but there is a lot of texture in this vignette with the cement, rustic pot,

 vintage window and the pumpkin even has little bumps on it.



I swapped out the large brown pot you saw in the first full photo of this area and tried out my

faux demi john.
 
Hmm, I think I like the pot better.



As much as I liked the bushel basket lid I felt it was to small for this space.
 
When an item isn't in scale it throws off the whole display.



I replaced it with this framed burlap piece.
 
The scale is better and I think the brown tones and the rustic texture of the burlap help the piece work

in my Fall vignette.



It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind, right!
 
It finally seems like it is cooling down a tiny bit here in Houston so I can finally start working on

getting my front door display ready for fall.

 Yay!

Have a happy week my friends!!

Linking To:
Favorites On First @ The Polo House
Cowgirl Up @ Ceder Hill Ranch 
You have read this article with the title Autumn in my entry way. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/10/autumn-in-my-entry-way.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, October 1, 2012

Comments "Autumn in my entry way"

Post a Comment