Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Fall at my front door

If only you knew what I've gone through to put this Fall front door together!!
Well I'm about to tell you so you are going to know.


First let's talk pumpkins.
I got so excited when I saw them at the store in September
and I quickly brought home two lovely big ones.
Well.... it was still very hot in Houston and this is what the pumpkins look like now.
wah, wah, wah...
 
 
I decided to go with these little ones instead.
We'll probably get a couple of big ones the week before Halloween so the boys
can carve Jack O'Lanterns.
 
 
 
I do love this basket  I found at JoAnne's.
I thought the cranberry red hydrangea would look nice with our red brick house.
I added some purple hydrangea to it that I already had.
I love plum and cranberry together.
Such pretty jewel tones.
 
 
 
Now here is where the sorry gets more dramatic (in my mind).
I started re-potting these topiary and suddenly my feet were hurting.
I look down and ants were all over my feet and they were biting me!
It didn't hurt that bad though, so no biggie, right?
Well, the next day I have these bumps with whiteheads (eeew gross)
all over my feet and they itch sooooo bad!!
It is miserable!
 
 
The mums...
Oh the mums....
Another thing I rushed and bought in September.
The flowers were closed when I bought them and I thought they were a deep plum color.
Wouldn't plum and orange look lovely together?
I waited weeks for them to open and they turn out to be a pinky/mauve color! Gack!
They do not like the hot weather and I have been struggling to keep them alive.
BTW: I should add, I do think pink mums are pretty,
I just think plum would have looked better with my house.
 
I do love the bushel baskets they are in though.
When I lived in Illinois last year I bought quite a lot of them.
They were usually only a couple of dollars.
They add a wonderful rustic touch.
 
 
 
So I'm not totally in love with my front door,
 but if I waited much longer to show it to you it would be Christmas time!
 
 
I actually just finished re-potting the topiary tonight.
I hope they will be happier in their larger size pots and fill in more.
I'm thinking it might be pretty to plant some allysum around the base to cover up the bare soil.
 
 
So there you have it.
My slightly dramatic story.
 
 
Here is a shot that shows more of the house.
Brick houses are just about all you see in my part of Texas.
I think they are lovely.
 
 
 
Just for fun I thought I'd show you my front door from last year when I was living in Illinois.
 
 
 Linking up to:
The After Party @ Cottage and Vine
 
You have read this article with the title Fall at my front door. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/10/fall-at-my-front-door.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, October 12, 2012

Comments "Fall at my front door"

Post a Comment