Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Fall Mantel

The house I lived in last year didn't have a fireplace and I really missed
 decorating the mantel for the holidays.
Well last night it occured to me that I hadn't touched our mantel for Fall.
Well, I couldn't allow that situation to remain.


So this morning I was in official Fallify that Mantel mode!
 
 
The centerpiece on the mantel is a framed French poster.
This piece is actually going to hang in my master bath soon.


But, I thought the harvest scene was nice for fall so she'll hang out in the family room for awhile.
Don't you just love white cows?
Let's name her Elise. :)
 
 
Very excited to have this new demi john.
I found it on Ebay.
Loooove it!!!
The little twiggy pumpkin is from Target (I think).
I've had the little faux rosemary plant for years.
 
 
The coffee sack vase sleeve I won in a giveaway from Lemonade Makin' Mama last year.
The large twiggy pumpkin was from Jo Anne's.
Love the brown backs on the magnolia leaves.
 
 
The magnolia branches are from a tree in my backyard.
I was on such a mission decorating my mantel that while getting the branches
 I stepped in an ant hill!!
Can you believe it?
If you read my fall front door post, you know that ants recently attacked my feet and left itchy ugly bug bites.
I still have the ugly bites  although the itching is subsiding and I go and walk into an ant hill.
Crimany!
I think it's time to call an exterminator!
 

Sweet little shoes from Holland I found at a thrift store when I lived in Illinois.
French poster and Dutch shoes?
Just go with it, ok.
:)


It's a little unusual to put together a fall mantel using the colors blue and brown.
But, I think this is my favorite mantelscape I've ever done.


My walls aren't yellow although it looks that way in the photos.
It's actually a very pale taupe.
 
 
Levi, my three year old, decided to photo bomb the picture.
He thought it was so funny!
So did I!
His "crazy eyes" crack me up!!


It gave me the idea to actually put clothes on him and do a little photo shoot by the fireplace.
Yes, I matched his clothes with my decor because that's how I roll.
Love my lil' model bunches and bunches and bunches......

Linking to:
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Halloween Mantel Party @ Home Stories A 2 Z
You have read this article with the title Fall Mantel. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/10/fall-mantel.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, October 18, 2012

Comments "Fall Mantel"

Post a Comment