Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My Christmas Entryway

There are a lot of areas that are a part of the entry way to our house so you are about to see mucho photos. You've been warned!
This vignette is my favorite....it's a winter wonderland!



I have quite a few of these jingle bell wreaths (in different colors).
You'll notice them in my Christmas decorating over the years.
I like them because they are easy, they don't get squashed and they are festive.
They really do jingle!
This year I added a little greenery to the top of this one and it's holding up nicely.



The shutters behind the wreath started out as unfinished shutters I found at Goodwill for $1.99.
I almost donated them back quite few times because they were just sitting in my garage.
This month inspiration struck.
I stained them (quickly and poorly).
Then dry brushed them with white chalk paint and then sanded them down.
There was quite a bit of bleed through from the stain so the white was very creamy, so I then dry brushed on some more white.
 The really look like old shutters and make a nice backdrop.



Thanks to Kelly for posting about the faux paper whites from Target.
Of course they don't smell good like the real ones, but they are very pretty and I  don't
have to water them.
I plan on keeping them out all winter.



I filled my crown pitcher with some sparkly things and greenery I snipped of a branch at the park that had broken off a pine tree.
 


I brought one of my rosemary plants in from the patio and put it in my faux bois pot.



This area is in my hallway, so technically it's not the entry way, but you see it shortly after entering the house.
My three year has accidentally knocked over the shutters while coming down the stairs.
Hopefully it was a one time occurrence.



This area is to the left of my front door.
I struggled and struggled figuring out what to do here.
It finally came together and I think it's bright and cheerful.



The sweater tree was marked down to $4.99 at Target last week.
I don't think I could make one for that price.
I  do hope to make my own cone trees next year covering each one with something different.
I have all kinds of ideas on my Christmas Pinterest board.



I told you I would end up using my silver chalice at Christmas time! :)



There a niche that you see when you enter our house.



This little tree fits here perfectly.



I love these little deer from Target.
 (I sure have brought up Target a lot in this post!)
Look closely at the legs, they are a different fabric. So cute!



To the right of my door.
This would be a great place to drop my keys, except I never do because my three year old would run off with them and I'd never see them again.
 


The wonderful burlap print is from My Adobe Cottage on Etsy.
I bought the numbers unfinished at the craft store and the same time I was staining the shutters I also stained and dry brushed these.
 
Whew, that was a lot of pictures.
Thanks for sticking around!


I'm linking up to: PRIMP
Blissful White Wednesday @ Timewashed







You have read this article with the title My Christmas Entryway. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-christmas-entryway.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, December 9, 2012

Comments "My Christmas Entryway"

Post a Comment