Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My Christmas Living Room 2012

I had so much fun putting my living room together for Christmas and I have to admit... I love it!
I wish I could leave it this way all year long!



This room was VERY inspired by a room posted on the beautiful German blog, Belle Blanc, in December 2010.
You can see the post here
I fell head over heels with the beautifully decorated Christmas room as soon as I saw it and have never been able to get it out of my head.
So it was fun to make by own little version of Belle Blanc Christmas!
 
 
 
Speaking of being a copy cat....
On the table is a centerpiece I totally copied from Kristin @ Simply Klassic Home.
I told her I was going to steal her idea and she didn't protest so I guess it's ok!
I filled a vintage crate with evergreens.....
 
 

and also placed candles and sparkly acorns inside.
Kristen calls this look "rustic glam", I like that description!



The two vintage looking tins on the wall are something I recently finished.
I'll do a whole post on them in 2013.



Love the little tree in the corner.
I was really surprised to find it at the grocery store!
I placed the tree (in a stand) in a vintage olive bucket.



I've wanted one of these olive buckets for so long.
When Kim @ Savvy Southern Style mentioned on her blog that Tuesday Morning was selling them,
 I got myself over there asap.
They are the real deal and were three times cheaper than what I saw them for at a Houston antique shop,
 so thanks Kim!



On top of the tree is a sparkly birch bark star.
It was an ornament, but I turned it into a tree topper.



The ornaments are mini glass balls from Michael's.
I filled them with kosher salt for a snowy look.
One broke and it made a mess!



I finally finished my armoire makeover.
It's taken me over a year.
I'll be doing a post on it in 2013 too.



I'm a sucker for arched topped armoire's!



This morning I threw together this wreath to hang from the doors.



I started with this bunch of greenery from Michael's. I pulled all the gold berries off.
Next I wrapped a piece of wire around a mixing bowl to get a perfect circle shape and then I started hot gluing on the branches.
Finally I glued on some white faux berries and hung it with a thin silver ribbon.



Two of these arm chairs are opposite the couch in my living room,
but I never show them on my blog because the room opens up to our dining room,
 so while it looks fine "in person" it looks to busy in photographs.



Our living room is actually supposed to be the dining room in our house.
The blue armoire sits in a nook that I think was built to hold a china cabinet or buffet.
Behind the white doors is our kitchen.



I went a little crazy taking pictures so here's a "few" more......























Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to these lovely ladies:

Wow @ Savvy Southern Style
        Primp Your Stuff
Feathered Nest Friday @  French Country Cottage
Homespun Christmas @ Cedar Hill Ranch
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Blissful Whites Wednesday @ Timewashed
 
 
You have read this article with the title My Christmas Living Room 2012. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-christmas-living-room-2012.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Comments "My Christmas Living Room 2012"

Post a Comment