Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

French Buffet turned TV Stand

I am so happy to have this project completed.
As usual I got 90% done and then got bored and stopped working on it.
But we are in the family room all.the.time. so I was constantly looking at it.
Unfinished projects are so depressing to look at.
So I finally kicked myself in the booty and gotter done. :)





I liked this TV stand in the Home Decorators catalog, but they wanted about $400 for it.
I was pretty sure I could achieve this look for less..



I found this small buffet on Craigslist for $125.00.
I had originally planned to strip the top and stain it and then paint the rest.
Unfortunately the top is made out of yucky press board instead of real wood
so I had to paint the whole thing.
You aren't supposed to have to sand or prime furniture when you use chalk paint, but in this case I should have sanded the top a bit.
It was so slick and the paint kept getting scratched off.
Luckily with chalk paint touch ups blend right in.
Once I waxed the top I didn't have anymore problems with paint coming off.



I painted the whole piece with Annie Sloan chalk paint in French Linen.
I love this color!
I then lightly distressed the piece.



Some of you may remember when I posted two door options on my blog and asked for your opinion.
I thought a handful of people would respond.
I was overwhelmed that so many people decided to weigh in...THANK YOU!!
Twenty five people liked the cleaner look on the left and fifteen people preferred the door on the right
with all the white on it.
(my attempt at a rustic look)



 So I repainted the door on the right.
I did add in some white details but made them much lighter and more subtle.
So both sides win. :)



I love how distressing painted furniture brings out the details, like on these legs.



When my dad came to visit he converted one of the drawers into a shelf so we can keep our
 DVR box in there.
He removed this slider and some other pieces.
I would love to mount the TV to the wall but we are renting so I don't want to
put a bunch of holes in the wall.



My dad cut a new piece of wood to place inside and it is a perfect fit.
(my dad rocks!)
Snug as a bug in a rug, so we didn't have to use any nails or glue.
It could use some caulking in the front, as you can see, but some day I plan on turning it back into a drawer so that is why I've chosen to just let it be.
My dad also cute a hole in the back for the cable box cords to go through.



I changed out the hardware to give the piece a little more contemporary look.
The knobs are from Hobby Lobby and the handles are from Home Depot.
Both were a copper color so I painted them white and then sanded the raised details.



I have to tell you I really love this piece! It turned out better than I had hoped it would.
I am waiting for World Market to get more Kubu chairs in because I want to place a second one
on the other side of the buffet.
I'm toying with different ideas for what to hang on the wall.
Stay tuned. :)



I just had to give you a side by side~ before and after shot.
It is a pretty dramatic transformation!
My family room is really starting to come together, I hope to show you more soon.


Linking up to these fabulous parties:
Before and After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chic
The Scoop @ Cedar Hill Ranch
Much Ado About Monday @ Huckleberry Love
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Tutorials, Tips, & Tidbits @ Stone Gable
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style


You have read this article with the title French Buffet turned TV Stand. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/04/french-buffet-turned-tv-stand.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Comments "French Buffet turned TV Stand"

Post a Comment