Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

The Nester Christmas Tour of Homes 2009 & More




Welcome!! I am so excited to have you join me and MANY MANY other bloggers who have joined up with The Nester, Rhoda, and Karen all for their exciting holiday tours! So come on along as I take ya on a tour of our holiday pretties.



This is our stoop. I am on the hunt for a holiday initial flag but seems the initial 'F' is super hard to find!:( I had plans of hanging ornaments from the ceiling but when I went back to Costco to buy um they were all gone. It will make next year all the more fun.


This is my vintage Santa wreath. Had all the supplies already except the Santa so all I did was throw um together and added the Santa. I made a burlap ribbon to hang him.


Here is the full reality of our dining room.It is my catch all for my many projects I am currently trying to work on. I was hoping to get my bench done this week but not looking like that will happen.

This is my absolute most favorite holiday piece that I purchased this year! My mom had one when I was growing up and of course no longer has it. I went on the hunt for one and all I could find where ones on Ebay for $50 up to $100!! Luck was with me though and I purchased this one off the local yard sale website for just $10 with all of its original pieces! It is large and has a music box! It is dated 1976 on the bottom.


I added some garland and ribbon to the chandy. Very whimsical I think.


Rudolph greats you as you enter the living room. I purchased him probably 4 years ago. His head has been broken off twice at the eyes but thanx to gorilla glue he is good as new.


I adore these vintage pieces I found at HomeGoods a few months ago. The wire deer I have had for many years and purchased at Metals Petals & More in Old Town Spring.


Here is a view of our living room from the breakfast room. Sorry my lighting is not all that great. We just purchased a new camera and I am trying to learn how to use it.


Here is my fave DIY project! I found these wonderful holiday note cards at HomeGoods and had no idea what to do with them and then I happened upon Kristen of Kristen's Creations. She makes the most BEAUTIFUL frames ever and knows ribbon! I wish I could have her head on over here and help me out! Being on a budget though and soo inspired by her I had to figure out how to make one of her wonderful frames myself and this is what I came up with. I am actually making some as teacher gifts as well.


I just purchased these topiary nutcrackers at Cracker Barrel yesterday. All Christmas is 40% off now. I love Cracker Barrel during the holidays!


Here is our tree. I just used the same old piece of burlap I have been using for the past 8 years as the tree skirt. Who knew burlap would end up being so popular! I would love to make one with ruffles. I saw it on a blog the other day and it is super cute! Ruffles elude me at this time though.


This is my view while washing dishes. So dreamy! Makes me wish I could leave everything up all year long!;)


Only holiday decor this year in the kitchen.


Next year I want to add some ribbon and then also hang some snowflakes from the arch above the Believe blocks.

So there is our home this holiday season! Most everything I already had and now I know what I would like to have for next year since this is our first year at this nest. I hate that Christmas comes out in July and then once ya get around to dragging out the holiday decor and see what ya need it is all gone.
Thanx again for stopping by ya'll! Have a wonderful blessed holiday season!



You have read this articlenester tour of homes with the title The Nester Christmas Tour of Homes 2009 & More. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2009/12/the-nester-christmas-tour-of-homes-2009.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, December 14, 2009

Comments "The Nester Christmas Tour of Homes 2009 & More"

Post a Comment