Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Succulents

I love the blog Vignette Design!
If you look at her header you'll see a beautiful cement suitcase planter filled with succulents.
A couple of years ago I found two of these little wicker cement planters at Tuesday Morning and they reminded me a bit of Delores gorgeous planter.
You can read about her planter here.
 
 


I have always wanted to fill mine with succulents and I finally got around to planting one of the pots.
My grocery store had some succulents for only $1.00 and that got me started.
I found two more I liked from Home Depot.


 

It's always fun to use the macro setting on the camera. :)

 

Macro lets you get those wonderful close ups where you can see all the texture.
Its the little tulip icon on your camera.
If you haven't tried it, give it a go.
Its really fun and easy.
 
 

I think it's nice when planting succulents to get a good variety of textures and colors.
Please don't ask me the name of any of these though because I don't have any idea.



My favorite right now is the one with tiny pink flowers blooming on it.



Pretty cool, huh?

 
 

I didn't use special soil or anything and so far it is thriving.
Hopefully it stays happy.
It is so hot and humid in Texas and it seems the succulents like it that way.
(me on the other hand.....not so much)
One of these days I'll get around to filling the second pot.


 

I haven't had time to do much with my patio, but I did get this indoor/outdoor rug from Overstock.com a few months ago.
It was about $30.00 with free shipping.
Our patio has a bunch of paint splatters on it (not done by us) so the rug helps cover some of them up.
I painted the table with chalk paint last summer and the rain made the top all chippy.
It's not what I planned, but I love it!
 
 
*****
Two little updates: 
I still haven't figured out how to get the weird spam blog off of my Blogger Reading List.
I'll let you know if I ever figure it out.
Normally if you want to stop following a blog you can click the little wheel next to where it says Manage Blogs In Google Reader, then click "settings" to the right of the blogs name you want to remove and follow instructions from there.
This strange spam blogs name doesn't show up on my list!
 But I see the posting along with all the other postings of the blogs I follow.
Weird right?!
 
Someone left me a comment wanting to know if I was going to put  my blog roll back on my blog.
I never took it off, it just disappeared one day!
Maybe when I switched from blogspot to .com?
I do plan on putting it back when I get a chance.
I'm still feeling very overwhelmed since the move.
Trying to keep up with blogging the best that I can because I love it.
 
I started bible class today and it was like a breath of fresh air washing over me.
Wonderful :)
 
 
 Linking up to:
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours
Fabulously Creative Friday @ Jennifer Rizzo's 
You have read this article with the title Succulents. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/09/succulents.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Comments "Succulents"

Post a Comment