Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Falling For Antlers

Well I didn't plan on posting back to back living room posts,  but the BROWSE button has disappeared off of mine and others blogs so I can't upload photos for a new blog post.
I already had these pictures uploaded, intended for a future post.
I'm sure it will get fixed eventually.
 
 When the the antler craze first hit I'll admit that at first I thought it was yucky.
Deer antlers?....creepy!
 
 
Then I saw this from In The Fun Lane
Oooh, I am liking this!
 

I also like this also from In The Fun Lane
What an amazing coffee table vignette!

 

Then I saw another antler vignette I really liked at Lemonade Makin' Mama!

 

Lemonade Makin' Mama's simple, natural tablescape is gorgeous!

BTW: If you want to pin the last four images please go to their blogs!!
The highlighted links will take you directly to the posts with these photos. :)
Thanks!



So when I found some antlers at an antique mall I decided to jump right onto the antler bandwagon!
I was kind of bummed to spend money since so many bloggers are getting them for free, but then I saw how much some websites were charging and decided $15 bucks was a steal!


I needed something to replace the Christmas decor in the living room, but I still wanted it
to have a winter look.
I think this does the trick.



I like the texture that the antler has.
I'm a big fan of texture, especially in a more neutral room.


I filled my vintage crate with old books and paperbacks that I've ripped the covers off of.
I then added a Pottery Barn lantern given to me by a dear friend and a wicker vase filled with a plant.



Then I just plopped the antler on top!
I spent a lot of time at the store looking through all the antlers picking out just the right one.



I found these ikat pillows at Marshall's!
I was so excited when  found them.
They are similar to some very expensive ikat fabric that Ballard designs used to sell that I just adored.
I am the knock off queen!


I love changing out pillows and accessories in my living room.
I already have an idea's brewing for spring.


If you'd like to know about the wall art check out this post.

Linking up to:
Blissful White's Wednesday @ Timewashed
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
 
 

You have read this article with the title Falling For Antlers. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/01/falling-for-antlers.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, January 6, 2013

Comments "Falling For Antlers"

Post a Comment