Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Metal Wall Art + plus a new pillow

You saw my metal wall art in my living room for the first time at Christmas.
I promised I would tell you all about it this year...so here goes!
 
 
 
When I purchased the metal wall tiles on clearance from Kirkland Home way back in 2009
 they were green.
I used one in my Christmas mantel that year.



Then in 2010 I used one in my Christmas mantel again, but I had painted it white with gray accents.



It also showed up in my Easter mantel that year.
This mantel ended up in a slide show on BHG.com...very exciting!

 
 
But, for years I have loved the gray piece in this photo styled by Atlanta Bartlett.
I decided to try to replicate this look with my wall tiles.
 
 
 
 So I painted them with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in French Linen.
It took at least three coats.
I then dry brushed white on the raised areas, using a damp paper towel to rub it in a bit.
 
 
 
 I love the greige color!
I wanted something large scale for the living room and these fit the bill...for now.
I wish the photos were lighter, but there is only a window on one side of the room and it was an overcast day.
 
 
 
Bare with me while I change the subject for a moment....
  Do you know when I moved I donated not one, but two white pedestals?
I always go on a purging frenzy when we move.
I really missed having one at Halloween time.
I wanted to place a pumpkin on a pedestal and place it on my breakfast room table.
I love this one made in Italy that I found at Marshall's.
I'm going to talk about the antler in an upcoming post that I've already written.
 
 
 
Back to the wall art...
 They will stay in the living room for now.
But I have some ideas brewing for something else.
We'll see.....
 
 
 
 Madly in love with my new Swiss cross pillow!
When I saw it on Salvage Dior & Simply Klassic I loved it.
Then I found out it was made by Sweet Tea & Linen and I knew it would be excellent quality.
I have a beautiful Union Jack pillow sewn by Sweet Tea & Linen that I loooove.
 
 
 
 Linking up to:
Blissful Whites Wednesday @ Timewashed
Thrifty Decor Chic Before & After
French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest Friday
From My Front Porch To Yours: Treasure Hunt Thursday
Stone Gable's  Tutorial Tips & Tidbits
Jennifer Rizzo's Fabulously Creative Friday


 
You have read this article with the title Metal Wall Art + plus a new pillow. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/01/metal-wall-art-plus-new-pillow.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Comments "Metal Wall Art + plus a new pillow"

Post a Comment