Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Willoughby Portraits

I shared these darling portraits with y'all yesterday that I purchased off of the local yard sale site. I fell in love with them the first time I saw them. I was so excited that I was able to purchase them. I have been trying to research these darling portraits with very little information but thanks to a wonderful bloggy pal, Ann B. that is you!:), I now know that the one portrait is Miss Julianna Willoughby. She is the work of artist George Romney. I believe that the boy is by George as well though I can not find info on it. He has a sticker on the back that is partially missing but it starts out with "Master Will....and then that is all there is. I am thinking it is suppose to say Master Willoughby.Though they are not originals I believe that they are original oil prints and if they are then they date back to 1910s-1920s!! I wish there was a way to know for sure but I guess since I do not know I will resist altering their frames!:0 

For almost three years now this wall in our dining room has been blank. It is one of the first walls your eye goes to once in the front door. I have tried hanging several things here but they all came down as soon as I put them up.

Now I can say that this wall is complete!

I decided that there needed to be something else on the wall between the two portraits so I placed this wooden sconce on the wall and then just for fun added the frame and moss ball. Turned out I really liked them there.

I love to imagine the life that these two portraits have had if indeed they truly are almost 100 years old. I wonder where they hung in their previous home/homes. 

I hope that the previous owners would be happy to know that I just adore these portraits and that they will continue to be well cared for!


Hope your week was a grand one! Be sure to stop back by tomorrow! I will be sharing Antoinette's reveal! I took pics this afternoon but it was too late in the day and so they came out too dark so I will be retaking them in the morning.
Linking up to the following link parties:

You have read this articleGeorge Romney / Master Willoughby / Miss Julianna Willoughby / Oil Prints with the title Willoughby Portraits. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/01/willoughby-portraits.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, January 28, 2012

Comments "Willoughby Portraits"

Post a Comment