Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Dining Room Changes

The new hutch made it into the dining room.
Before I share what it looks like now I thought I would share what the dining room looked liked before I started changing it up. This was one of my favorite rooms in our house. It was actually one that was pretty much complete.
Then I found the hutch and all that changed. 
Here is the dining room with the newly painted hutch. Though I LOVE my hutch I just was not sure how I liked it in the dining room. I would walk by this room a million times a day in the past week just staring at it. I am a creature of habit so sometimes change is hard for me. I honestly wasn't sure if the hutch was staying or if I was going to be selling it. I decided that it needed something on the sides to anchor it to the room.
So I decided to take my vintage pictures down from this wall.

I really enjoy having a lamp on in here at night so now I am on the hunt for a small table I can sit the lamp on or maybe even get a new lamp. I am thinking I may even change the chair out with another one in the house.  
Now with the pictures flanking each side of the hutch I think it looks a lot better in here. The hutch is a keeper!:) 
I replaced the vintage pictures with this huge frame I purchased out at the cottage before it closed.
I love all the detail it has. I am thinking I am going to make it into a huge chalk board once I get a chance. I have always loved Courtney's (French Country Cottage) chalk board in her dining room. Of course mine is not as big but I think it will be lovely once it is done.
There are quite a few things I want to hunt down to complete this space so I know I will have lots of fun trying to find them. I am on the hunt for some new chairs. I want some frenchy ones. The ones we have are a tad too red now. I also am even trying to hunt down a chandy similar to the ones Courtney has in her dining room as well. I was in LOVE with those the moment she posted about them. If I find one then this chandy will probably end up in our breakfast room. Once ya start changing up one room it always snowballs into another one!;)

Thanx for coming by to visit! I can't wait to share more of this space as I find the new pieces to finish pulling it all together.

Linking up to the following link parties:
Metamorphosis Mondays


You have read this article with the title Dining Room Changes. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/08/dining-room-changes.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, August 27, 2012

Comments "Dining Room Changes"

Post a Comment