Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Frame makeover and more

I am still very slowly working on my family room.mily room
I've found some really cute gray frames for the room that I thought I'd share with you.
The frame in this picture is my favorite, but it didn't start out looking this way.


I found it on clearance (as you can see).
I really liked the rustic wood, the crown, and the cool shape of the cut out.
But the red doesn't go with my decor and the "Believe" is kind of random.
Believe what?


I started by painting over the red with French Linen chalk paint, but it was looking really blah.


So I dry brushed on a bit of white and used a french script rubber stamp here and there.
I ordered the stamp from a friend several years ago and unfortunately do not remember the name of the company I got it from.
I believe you can find similar ones on Amazon.
You can also Google "French Script Rubber Stamp".


Here it is complete on my mantel. I love it now!


I found this frame at World Market. I really like the gray wash over the wood!
I took these photos of my boys at the beach this fall. I then had Costco print them out in a sepia tone.


Can you believe I haven't changed my mantel decor since my Winter Mantel post?
I can't.
Time to change it up for Spring! 



Finally, I  found this cute little frame at Tuesday Morning.
The perfect size for arranging in vignette's. 
~
Some of you may have noticed a beach bathroom post pop up and then disappear yesterday.
I posted it on accident and had to delete it because I wasn't finished yet.
I will get it posted next week.
I am having the worst luck with this post!
First I took a bunch of photos of the bathroom and after I down loaded them realized I forgot to hang one of the pieces of art, so I had to start over. 
Then when the post was 90 % complete I accidentally published it when I meant to set it for a future date, so I had to delete it and now will have to start over.
Finally last night every.single.thing. I'd hung on the walls fell OFF!
I used Command Strips, which I use all the time, but they didn't like the bathroom walls.
I didn't follow all the instructions like I should have, but I usually don't and it hasn't been a problem.
Until now!
So I'm taking a little break from that room! :)


You have read this article with the title Frame makeover and more. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/04/frame-makeover-and-more.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Comments "Frame makeover and more"

Post a Comment