Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

How did they hold up?

Some of you who have been reading my blog for awhile may remember these
 
patio tables I put together.
 
I made them when I was living in Las Vegas and they held up really well.
 
 

The tables started out as these gold pots I got for a great price.
 
I then painted them (you can read the details here).
 
My dad then helped me make wood "lids" to use as the table tops.
 
Actually my dad didn't help me, he made them for me.
 
 I stood there and watched and gave him "helpful" instructions.
 
lol, lol, lol!
 


They turned out so pretty and you could even remove the top and use them for
 
storage too.



Alas, after one winter in Illinois this is how they looked. :(
 
I set them out by the trash when were moving to Texas this summer.
 
(yes, I've moved a lot the last few years!)
 
Someone quickly snatched them up.
 
I had thought about removing the paint and using the pots, but I knew I
 
just wouldn't have time with the
 
move so I am glad somebody else is enjoying them.
 
 


Here is how the top looked.
 
As you can see the wood was splitting.
 
 
 
(the underside of the lid/top)
 
BUT, you could still made tables like this and have them work!
 
First, find pots that are already the color you like so you don't have to
 
 paint them.
 
Second, bring the wood tops into the garage or basement during the winter or
 
 just plan on having to replace them every so often.
 
I have found a lovely large turquoise pot that I plan on making into a patio table
 
 when I get a chance.
 
In fact my dad is coming for a visit this month......
.
Hmmmm, I might have to put him to work!
 
;)
 
 
 
I just realized the whole post referred to two pots, but all the photos
 
just show one.
 
So for fun here is a photo that shows both pots/tables.
 
 (Once again my old patio in Las Vegas if you want to see more click here.)
 
Interesting story....
 
I sold the patio (coffee) table on craiglist because it was a little to high to
 
 comfortably rest my feet on it and
 
the person who bought it was going to hang it upside down and use it as a pot
 
rack in her kitchen.
 
Very creative!
 
 
You have read this article with the title How did they hold up?. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-did-they-hold-up.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, October 5, 2012

Comments "How did they hold up?"

Post a Comment